Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Frothy malt beverages coming to Waxhaw?

Today's the big day to vote for the referendum.

I had also planned on posting over the weekend with a round-up of my thoughts on the town commissioner candidates with regards to the referendum for what it's worth at this late date. It was to be mainly based on my email correspondence with some of them.

Unfortunately, a number of obstacles prevented that from happening, including but not limited to out-of-town visitors, high fevers, birthday parties, hayrides, trick-or-treating, the Phillies playing in the World Series, and most importantly my procrastination.

I only queried them on the referendum, but here's a quick rundown.

Brett Diller and Erin Kirkpatrick said while they did not support these referendum in the past, they both planned to vote for them this time around.

Joyce Blythe is against the referendum.

Max Walker's response suggested he supported the referendum, but he never followed up when I asked for clarification.

As for the mysterious Ken Collins, who knows? I couldn't find a contact email address for him.

Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate with a beer in one hand and a mixed drink in the other.

No comments: