Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Meet the candidates EJ-style

The Enquirer-Journal spoke with all the candidates with the exception of Ken Collins.

Their responses appear to have been gathered over the phone, so they are noticeably more unique & less contrived than those that were submitted to the Observer.

As a teaser, here's their stated reasons for running, but be sure to go to The Enquirer-Journal to check out the whole thing.

Brett Diller
“I’m running for the reason of being involved in the community. My wife and I are both involved citizens. We live in the historic district and we’ve seen a lot of changes over the years — some good, some bad. We have two children we’re raising, and we want to see the town quality of life is sustained.”
Erin Kirkpatrick
“I love Waxhaw. That’s the easiest reason to tell you. A lot of it has to do with growth and making sure we have the right plan in place. I’m also from the school of thought that people should be giving back to their community.”
Joyce Blythe
“I’ve enjoyed my first four years, and I’d like to continue to run to continue on with things we’re doing like small town Mainstreet U.S.A. program that is a two-year program that promises to be pretty exciting. I’m interested in the downtown historic district. I would like to see it promoted more.”
Max Walker
“To serve the town.”

No comments: