Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Are you ready to get your vote on?

Elections are coming up on November 3rd and the important mixed beverages referendum will be on the ballot. At this time, for me at least, everything else on the ballot is inconsequential.

I clearly want the referendum to pass; I would love to have a pub within walking distance. It's always bothered me a little lot that wine is available, but beer is not. I'd love to hear the backstory on how that came to be.

For those currently not registered to vote, it's time to get cracking. To be able to participate in the election in Waxhaw (ie. for me, this means voting at the new volunteer fire station on 3500 Waxhaw Parkway), you need to have your signed voter registration postmarked by October 9th.

Also, it can be faxed in to the Union County Board of Elections as late as the 9th, but you would need to ensure that the signed copy arrives by October 14th.

If you're unable to meet these deadlines, I believe your only remaining option would be to participate in one-stop voting (registration & voting at the same time) that takes place in the Griffin Room of the Union County library in Monroe. It runs nearly all day for the latter half of October, so if you frequent Monroe, perhaps that would be most convenient for you.

Go here to get your voter registration form.

No comments: