Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My visit to SouthSiders

The hustle & bustle of Christmas combined with a trip north afterward has knocked me out of my blogging rut. I've been away from this blog for a while, but it's time I get back in the swing of things.

I finally made it into SouthSiders on Saturday for a beer. Given my past cheerleading of the referendum, you might've figured I'd be camped out there, but, alas, no.

I stopped in Saturday evening to check out their first official dart tournament. A lowkey affair, but a excellent number of participants for their first foray into competitive darts. I arrived fashionably late so did not compete, but I'd been gorging myself silly at 521 BBQ & Grill in Lancaster County.

Now, as for the beer, it looked like a nice selection, but I zeroed in on the Lager, so I didn't get a good look at what else was available.

It appears taps and a bar are to be installed around the beginning of February; it'll be nice to sit down for a pint of Guinness or Harp.

Unfortunately, I neglected to ask Mark if there are any specials. Hopefully that'll be my next big scoop because what's a bar without drink specials.

No comments: