Thursday, January 28, 2010

Supply your own entertainment

I received an email Wednesday from the apparently unceasing Obama campaign apparatus called Organizing for America. I get these all the time & never read them, but I spied the word 'Waxhaw' in the email so had to go back & check the local connection.

Apparently there was a Watch Party for the State of the Union organized in Waxhaw. For those unaware, a watch party or other similar political gatherings were popularized by moveon.org, where like-minded people connect through online social networking and gather in towns and cities across America. (I think that's a relatively accurate one sentence overview.)

Not much of a "party" in my opinion, unless of course you consider "huddl[ing] on the phone with former campaign manager and White House advisor David Plouffe" the ideal party activity.

But you can always make a drinking game out of it. Responsibly, of course.

No comments: