Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day weekend

I enjoyed a weekend without any activities to attend. I scored a larger tent for me & the lads on Father's Day morning, which will come in hand next time we go camping.

The only downside of the weekend was when I made that quick trip to Lowe's Friday evening to pick up a few things. Everything was going smoothly until it was time to return home -- the car wouldn't start.

Thanks to all those who tried to help me get it started, but the last good Samaritan had it right -- fuel wasn't getting to the engine. A relatively quick tow to Summerfield and a four-figure bill (much to my chagrin) that involved replacing my fuel pump fixed the problem.

In other news, I noticed some flyers advertising a pre-fireworks blues festival. Looks like a good way to wile away the hours before the fireworks display, but hopefully the heat cooperates. Hanging outside all day (parade -> blues festival -> fireworks) could be pretty brutal if it's as hot as it's been for the last week or so.

Is this Waxhaw's first ever blues festival? Probably not,

No comments: