Thursday, June 24, 2010

OT: Hayes Carll to perform on Austin City Limits

I've been listening to his albums quite a bit lately, so I figured the fact he'll be be performing on Austin City Limits was worth mentioning. And besides, Waxhaw listening to more Hayes Carll can only be a good thing.

From Hayes Carll's own website:
Austin City Limits will tape sets with Robert Earl Keen and Hayes Carll on Wednesday, August 4th. Keen has appeared on ACL multiple times, but this will be the first appearance by Hayes Carll.

Both shows will appear as part of ACL’s 36th season on PBS, premiering this fall; airdates are TBD. Announcements concerning ticket availability and giveaways will be posted approximately one week before the tapings.

For a complete season schedule & more, visit austincitylimits.org
I then wandered over the Austin City Limits website & saw you can view whole shows and/or performances online, which is a nice feature (most likely subsidized by tax dollars, but a nice feature nonetheless).

But I was shocked to see that Ryan Bingham has already performed on this show, while Hayes' upcoming performance will be his first. A travesty of an outrage this is. While I appreciate Bingham's work (and have his CDs), his songs just don't have the staying power of Hayes' in my opinion.

In other news, I still don't have a recording of Hayes' 2010-05-21 show with Dierks Bentley; I'd love to get both sets. If you've got one or the other and can share, please let me know.

No comments: