Sunday, October 24, 2010

Friday wanderings through Waxhaw

I had to get my car inspected, so I dropped it off at Summerfield on Friday. Due to an earlier issue with a tire patch/plug, I was expecting it to be comped. I never expected the belated oil change I requested to be comped as well, so I've got to hand it to Summerfield for going above and beyond.

We then crossed the railroad bridge and headed to the used book store. My oldest was looking for an Encyclopedia Brown book and miracle of miracles, we found one! A Scooby Doo book for my youngest and a book of Eskimo mythology for myself, so all in all, a successful visit.

A quick jaunt back across the railroad bridge where we spent some time throwing acorns into the air under the oak tree across from Southsiders until the car was ready & then a quick trip home from Summerfield.

Reading over this post, this may be the closest I'll come to a weekly Dorothy Maloney column.

No comments: