Sunday, April 15, 2012

Waxhaw rocket launches

Perhaps Broome Street has been bluer than normal since I've not been around posting much recently, but I figured I'd share some of the stuff that's taken my time.



After this debacle, we had to perform surgery on the rocket to free the stuck nose cone, thereby cutting off a couple inches. We then took the time to decorate it and dub it the 'Rainmaker'.

A week ago, we went back to the fields of Waxhaw Elementary for the re-launch with a larger crowd as evidenced by their background twittering.



Unfortunately, the limitations of my camera phone prevent you from seeing the descending rocket, but I assure you the parachute successfully deployed and that it was last seen dipping below the grove of pine trees in the background.

We spent about 90 minutes trying to find Rainmaker but nary a trace was found. The closest we came was finding the parachute and nose cone of another rocket stuck in the pine trees proving I suppose that our initial Waxhaw rocket launch was not as historic as I thought. But Rainmaker was apparently not in the trees, in the nearby yards, roofs, or street.

So if you happen to live in the neighborhood behind Waxhaw Elementary and find Rainmaker, drop me a note or at the very least give her a good home. A lot of time and effort went into that rocket -- a true labor of love.

No comments: