Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bike Depot hosts Tiger Cubs

The Bike Depot (Facebook page here) in bustling downtown Waxhaw was kind enough to host some local Tiger Cubs earlier this week, after hours no less. Mr. Joe, one of the proprietors, discussed some of the finer points of bicycle safety and bicycle repair with the boys & answered his fair share of questions on flat tires and reflectors. I walked away with a handy dandy tool to help me change my next flat tire.

On another note, it appears their grand opening was last Saturday. A good number of people were milling around (including a bagpiper if their Facebook photos are to be believed) as I drove by on my way home from helping prepare the HC Nesbit fields (behind Kensington Elementary) for opening day festivities this weekend.

No comments: