Monday, February 22, 2010

Man charged in Waxhaw bomb hoax

Per Elisabeth, a man has been charged with felony bomb hoax.
A man whose home had recently foreclosed was arrested Tuesday for planting a fake bomb in the house earlier this month, Waxhaw Police Chief Mike Eiss said.

James Jamar King, 33, of 6022 Stonepath Lane in Waxhaw, was charged with felony bomb hoax.

Police evacuated two blocks of homes in Waxhaw after sheriff’s deputies found what looked like dynamite in the home, at 2017 Dunsmore Court, on Feb. 1.
I wrote about this here & here.

I'm a little confused by this article though. My first impression was that James Jamar King was evicted from the home in Harrison Park, where the bomb hoax occurred. However, this article gives his address of 6022 Stonepath Lane, which is past the elementary school as this map illustrates. And per the article, the owners of record of the Harrison Park house during foreclosure were Evangelina Rodriguez & Caroline Evangelina Latchison.

So what's the relationship of James Jamar King to that house? Tenant? Friend of the owners before foreclosure? Prankster? If only I spent as much time cleaning my garage or my desk as I do on these vexing Waxhaw questions...

And from what I could find, it looks like it's not Mr. King's first run-in with the law.

UPDATE: I just realized my link to the Sheriff's Daily Bulletin doesn't work. For those curious, change the date to 1/8/2010 & update the page.

No comments: