Monday, February 22, 2010

News flash: Movie Gallery closing

Well, not quite breaking news at this point as the rather large signs have been in the windows for a few weeks now.

But my family stopped by last weekend to check out discount Wii games. While the Wii games appeared to have been thoroughly picked over, it wasn't a total loss as we walked out of there with a couple Batman cartoons & a copy of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. So the boys & I made out like bandits, but the missus not so much.

The fact that Movie Gallery is closing its doors is not terribly surprising in the age of Netflix & Redbox. I can honestly say this was our first visit, but my family may be an outlier. Over the last year, our rentals have been a combination of Blockbuster (via free rental coupons), Redbox, and Amazon & I suspect they didn't total much greater than one per month.

No comments: