Friday, May 7, 2010

Another First Friday come & gone

I headed out to First Friday with the boys tonight; the missus was unavailable to partake this time around. Because of this, only two shops were visited this evening - the Library Association used bookstore & Pizza Works.

After what seemed an eternity of searching, we scored two books apiece for the boys (couldn't find anything for me, but my waiting list is so exorbitantly long that that's probably a good thing). Interestingly, my oldest picked up a Scholastic "Tales From the Cryptkeeper" book! Who knew they had these for the 4-8 year old set?

We then headed over to Pizza Works for some ice cream. Given the heat and the fact that I believe Pizza Works is the only game in town as far as ice cream is concerned, I figured there'd be a crowd outside, but nope. We got our ice cream, ate it outside in relative solitude, and headed home, but not before first stopping to take in a little bit of the jazz performance outside Stewart's Village Gallery.

From there, we ended up on the railroad tracks. And given the fun they had cavorting on them, I'd guess that was their favorite part of the evening. We never found any flattened coins, but they were able to dance to some Fiesta Band tunes & run & play. It's the simple things...

Speaking of the Fiesta Band, they were out in full force, but tonight they shifted from their usual location in front of Waxhaw Antique Mart to the other side of South Broome St. Could it have been prompted by the small bit of foresight I exhibited in this post? Almost certainly not, but whatever helps me sleep at night.

As for the movie, it was starting a little too late for our family to enjoy. If anyone attended the showing, let me know how it went. Were they projecting it onto a sheet on the wall of The Furry Godmother?

No comments: