Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Historic Waxhaw Walk scheduled

John Anderson's column in Sunday's Observer (can't find it online or else I'd link to it) informs us that Joyce Blythe has scheduled another historic walk around town for this Saturday.

And like nearly all preceding walks, we've already got prior obligations (baseball game) so will be unable to attend once again.

I've transcribed the details for those interested.
Another Historic Waxhaw Walking tour is scheduled for 10 a.m. this Saturday.

This time, Commissioner Joyce Blythe will be joined by Melvin Farris to share reminiscences of times gone by. I've done this tour and I can vouch for the interesting and informative anecdotes that accompany a thoroughly pleasant walk.

Meet at Waxhaw United Methodist Church. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water.

Details: Joyce Blythe at 704-843-2246
Think of me if you go as odds are I'll be desperately trying to get my youngest to pay attention to the batter around that time.

No comments: