Monday, May 17, 2010

More potential trouble...

...from the Fiesta Band, says a young documentary filmmaker. I can honestly say it's as good as any documentary out of the Waxhaw scene that I've seen to date and that includes the various train videos off to the side at the link. If the aforementioned blurb isn't good enough for the jacket, I don't know what would be.

I strongly suggest watching "Good time or Good Crime?" to learn about the boisterously insidiousness of the whole enterprise. If you're anything like me, you'll notice two things:
1) the band went to absurd lengths to drown out the audio as the documentarian tried to interview them on the street. Equal parts caginess and cunning; what were they trying to suppress?
2) Nice work at 3:05 of the video; I loved as he slowly walks down the micro-alley towards the camera a la news magazine.
All that being said, nicely done.

I always figured the first Fiesta Band documentary would be a play off of "Behind the Music" about band infighting. If they continue selling out to the man (and for free pizzas) the band infighting may be closer than we think.

No comments: