Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Christmas Carol coming soon to a museum near you

I meant to post this a week ago, but got sidetracked. Possible evidence I've got a life outside this blog or just further evidence I'm slacking? You'll have to make that call.

The Storefront Theatre is performing "A Christmas Carol" this weekend at the Museum of the Waxhaws on November 20 at 7:30p and November 21 at 2:30p. For more info or to buy tickets, visit The Storefront Theatre.

For those unaware (because I was at first and may still be for all I know), The Storefront Theater performs reader's theater. A good description of reader's theater from an old Sherri Phengchard article in the Enquirer-Journal:
Judy Simpson Cook, a playwright and the theatre’s founder, moved to Waxhaw a few years ago from Charlotte. She wanted to bring an inexpensive, artistic performance to the town.

“Staged readings don’t take a lot of room, or cost a lot of money ... It is a concert reading, where the actors are seated. There is a very theatrical feel to it, and afterwards we have a talk back with the playwright,” Cook said.
I'm not sure my kids are of adequate age to take to reader's theater and expect them to enjoy it, so I don't think I'll be bringing them just yet.

But this is probably the most kid-friendly performance of the season based on this season's schedule.

No comments: