Friday, November 26, 2010

Observer absent on Thanksgiving

The Charlotte Observer failed us this Thanksgiving. We're weekend subscribers and have always received a Thanksgiving Day paper, but not this year.

My wife is one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers who stays out all night, so we ended up going out and buying a newspaper from Food Lion just so she could know more about the Black Friday sales.

I called customer service to get a replacement paper, but it never arrived for what it's worth. I'm not sure if this is just a delivery error or a policy change in that weekend subscribers no longer receive this paper. I wouldn't be surprised with either explanation.

The only reason we still maintain the subscription is for the Sunday coupons. If there was someway to get Smartsource or Red Plum to mail us those coupons, there's be no need to even bother with a subscription in my opinion. It's a rare occasion when I read one of the articles.

UPDATE: For what it's worth, they did ultimately deliver a copy of our Thanksgiving paper with Friday's. It was too late, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

No comments: