Saturday, April 3, 2010

More pub for the Fiesta Band

A couple write-ups on the Waxhaw Fiesta Band in recent days:

* Over at WCNC's site, felicityksr contributed a post that ends mid-sentence. I particularly enjoy the description of how it all came together:
On one fateful Friday night, five people wearing sombreros and sunglasses ran into each other in Waxhaw. This was clearly not just some kind of coincidence, so they formed a fiesta group and started dancing on the side of the road! Eyyyyy!!!!
* In Sunday's The Waxhaw Exchange, Waxhaw ace reporter Elisabeth Arriero hits the mean streets of Waxhaw to find out what makes the Fiesta Band tick, going more in depth into the Fiesta Band's back story than I've seen to date.

I must say the Fiesta Band seems to be a much better way "to do something random" in Waxhaw than their first attempt of playing guitars on the street corner in black trenchcoats, with all the echoes of Columbine and The Matrix that that brings.

I'll also add that I had the opportunity to speak with Elisabeth Arriero for the article in question; it's only fitting since I linked to so many of her articles. I was browsing at the Waxhaw Antique Mart when I heard the music begin. I headed outside to see the fiesta had already begun and my boys were enjoying the fun. As one of the few bystanders on hand, she approached me for comment. I wish I could've come up with something more interesting to say, but obviously it was interesting enough to be included in the article.Prepare to be awed by my wit and brevity:
"My boys particularly like the storm trooper," Kaliph Hayes of Waxhaw said. "It's pretty goofy but it seems like good clean fun."
Is my 15 minutes of fame in Waxhaw all used up at this point? If so, it came & went much too quickly.

2 comments:

felicityksr said...

It didn't cut off - the rest of the sentence is to the left of the page under "Flag For Moderation". Not sure why it ended up there - does make it confusing.

klf said...

Oh, I see it now. Just a flaw in the design of the page layout, I guess.