Monday, April 19, 2010

Parkwood WR commits to Maryland

Since I mentioned KJ Brent's commitment already, it's only fair I mention Marcus Leak's as well.

The Parkwood WR has committed to the University of Maryland. Jerry Snow of The Enquirer-Journal has the story.
Parkwood High junior receiver Marcus Leak has committed to a full scholarship with the University of Maryland’s football program.

Leak visited the ACC school earlier this month with his father.

“I was very comfortable when I was on was on campus,” Leak said. “I like the coaches and the players. I like the academic program.

“Maryland’s a good fit for me. I got along with the players and it just felt comfortable.”
I was pretty baffled as to who the heck 'Rowell' was after reading this article, so it looks like an editor inadvertantly chopped out the part of the article that explains Nelson Rowell is Parkwood's football coach. Good information to have in there for those of us locals who don't follow local high school football closely.

More from the Baltimore Sun here. Congratulations to Marcus for earning his full ride!

No comments: