Friday, April 2, 2010

Another Waxhaw Gazette mention

The latest issue (103rd ed, Apr 2, 2010 for future Waxhaw citizens having to scour his archives) of The Waxhaw Gazette mentions my humble little site again, which is much appreciated. (It'd be a even more appreciated if there was an actual link to my site, but beggars can't be choosers.)

John goes into more detail on my earlier complaints (here & here) about short notice regarding tonight's First Friday event. To quote:
Our friend over at the Broome Street Blues - A Waxhaw Blog, recently complained about lack of information on town events. Well, the Gazette shares those same frustrations....

From the Town: I have not gotten a PR Release from anybody in Waxhaw for quite a long while, at least a year or so. The town used to put out information on upcoming events at least a month or two in advance. I understand that they hired someone to help, so perhaps we'll hear about these events in time for publication in the future? I believe they are supposed to be having a Spring Fest sometime soon?
So this behavior is apparently nothing new. Hopefully, someone can start providing more notice on local events as it will only benefit the town & its businesses (and given the relative quickness in which businesses come & go in Waxhaw, they could use all the help they can get).

In fact, during the First Friday event, a proprietor of one of the businesses I visited also commented on the short notice (he heard the same day as my post on it, Tuesday), alluding to the fact that there were even less people at his establishment for this First Friday because of this.

But back to The Waxhaw Gazette: be sure to read John's article on the Blue Star Flag & keep his son, surely one of Waxhaw's finest, in your prayers as he is currently deployed overseas.

And if I can find some time tomorrow, I'll try to write up something about my family's First Friday adventures.

No comments: