Monday, April 5, 2010

OT: Groupon web site

I discovered a website called Groupon.com a couple weeks ago, a social buying site for the Charlotte area. There is one deal each day, generally for a service, event, or restaurant gift certificate. Oftentimes, you wouldn't purchase the deal of the day -- even at its sale price.

However, on occasion, sometimes they have something worthwhile for sale so it's good for those of us trying to stretch our dollars. For example, tickets to the Carolina Raptor Center were half off last week and since they're were good for an entire year, I grabbed a few for an upcoming trip. Before that I purchased a couple mobile car detailing for our cars from Zoom Impressions, which is looking like all the better with all the pollen piling up.

Today's deal is for half-price opening weekend tickets to "Goodnight Moon" at the Children's Theater of Charlotte. I might consider buying these as well if we didn't already have tickets for this show. I'm honestly curious as to how they adapt "Goodnight Moon" to the stage, considering the classic children's book has about 20 pages and slightly more than 20 words.

If you want to check it out, this link will take you there & might earn me some referral credits (if you buy anything the next few days), while the second one is a clean link to the main Charlotte Groupon page for those averse to seeing me cash in on my huge following. ;-)

Either way, I recommend signing up your email address with them so you get an email detailing the deal of the day, saving you the trouble of having to visit their website daily.

No comments: