Friday, April 9, 2010

The Storefront Theatre presents...

...its last production of the season, "The Controversial Rescue of Fatty the Pig."

fatty the pig

Like many other local happenings, this one features a significant lack of notice. I stumbled across a notice in the Charlotte Observer on Wednesday, but family and tax preparation obligations prevented me from mentioning it sooner.

Performance are Saturday, April 10, 2010 @ 7.30pm and Sunday, April 11, 2010 @ 2.30pm in the auditorium of the Museum of the Waxhaws. Tickets are $10 and reservations are suggested. To reserve your tickets, call (704) 243-7283. All of this information can be gleaned from their website. (NOTE: Their home page hasn't been updated in a while, but reference to this production can be found on this page.)

For those of you with young kids, I spoke with Judy of The Storefront Theatre and she explained it wasn't a particularly kid-friendly production, stating essentially that little children weren't likely to be interested in it. Oh well. With a name like "The Controversial Rescue of Fatty the Pig," I sort of figured young children would be their target audience.

For those of you without youngins that are able to check it out, enjoy!

2 comments:

Donna said...

That sounds like fun! I'll keep an eye out for future posts here for Waxhaw. Thank you!

klf said...

Thanks for the comment, CCS! It's rare when I get a comment that isn't Chinese language spam, so it's especially nice when I do.

Hope I can keep posting enough interesting tidbits to keep everyone coming back for more. And that's when I'll start charging...