Monday, July 12, 2010

Hwy 75 closed once again

Per the town's twitter feed:
Hwy 75 is temporarily being closed due to the possiblity of approaching high winds on the stressed trees. Will post when reopened.
I drove by the rail cars on my way to work today and got to see them for the first time.

It was quite a sight to see the wrecked gray rail cars laying alongside the tracks and propped up against trees. I think the general dreariness of Monday morning would've made it quite a photograph had I been within reach of a camera.

Maybe tomorrow morning.

UPDATE 11.15pm: Hwy 75 still closed. At this point, I'd just bank on it being closed tomorrow morning.

Rumor has it an enterprising yet strangely handsome blogger was able to take some pictures of the wreckage this evening and got away with none the wiser. Rumor also has it his wife got shooed away from checking out the wreckage later that evening by a local police officer.

No comments: