Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Waxhaw Gazette available

The new issue of The Waxhaw Gazette was released today with pieces on the derailment, local traffic, and new plans at the Museum of the Waxhaw. Check it out.

But the big bombshell is that John Tiley, the man behind The Waxhaw Gazette, hails from the Buckeye State and from Cleveland specifically. The recent Lebron James hubbub apparently compelled him to out himself, although he appears slightly chagrined to do so. I scoured the piece twice over and since there is no evidence within suggesting he's a Ohio State fan, there's no reason for him to feel that way.

Me personally, I'm not ashamed to be a carpetbagger, but I always figured it was assumed I was in the first place. Of course, I'm not from Cleveland.

Since we're talking about Cleveland, here's a link to a series of videos explaining how to save Cleveland, hosted by none other than famous Clevelander, Drew Carey of his eponymous show. I thought they were pretty compelling, but I'm not a Clevelander. Heck, I've only flown into their airport one time.

No comments: