Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New bar & grill coming to Waxhaw

My closest source informs me that a new bar and grill is headed to Waxhaw.

Called The Stuffed Olive, it will soon reside in the Food Lion plaza at the former location of that breakfast place I cannot recall the name of. Maybe it had "Java" in the title. (Broome Street Blues - all the specific details you've come to expect & more!)

It's obviously been awhile since I've been on that side of the plaza. In fact, I remember that old breakfast place being a little on the smaller side, a little too small for a bar and grill in my opinion. But it has been awhile since I've been there.

4 comments:

klf said...

I name-dropped The Stuffed Olive 5 days before Dorothy Maloney did in today's Waxhaw Exchange.

Have I reached my apex already? ;-)

Epicurean Cowboy1 said...

We look forward to serving you at the Stuffed Olive. With outdoor seating we will accommadate 75+ What we lack in size we will make up for in huge hospitality and magnificent Food and Drinks. We hope to see you August 9th for our Grand Opening.

klf said...

Thanks for sharing the date of the grand opening. And thanks also for providing me with a rare comment not originating from Chinese spammers. ;-)

Is there a website for your restaurant?

And most importantly, what kind of beer will be on tap?

Unknown said...

I ate at the Stufffed Olive today and I'm sad to say it was not impressive. The floor was dirty, they were out of lots of items, the food was overpriced, staff wasn't very friendly and the food not very good. The chicken sandwich I got was so small that McDonald's even uses larger chicken breasts. It was also dry. They used processed American cheese on the chicken sandwich and burger that my friend got. Not acceptable for a $9 sandwich. The cole slaw was also terrible...but it's not the side I wanted anyway. As far as a drinking establishment the decorations are nice and I could see myself having a martini there sometime. They just need to do better.