Thursday, August 26, 2010

Been busy

With school and baseball (and soon Cub Scouts) starting up, life's starting to pick up again. Add in a fantasy football draft or two and it seems like there's no time available.

It's probably a good thing I finished the family mix CD when I did earlier in the month. Despite the convenience of mp3 players and the playlists that can be created on them, I still prefer to make old-fashioned mix CDs. Maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but since I moved seamlessly from tape to CD, this would appear to be ultimately inaccurate.

It took me while to come up with the track list, but here it is:
1) Little Rock - Hayes Carll
2) What You Gonna Do? - Buckwheat Zydeco
3) September - Earth, Wind, & Fire
4) If I Had a Boat - Lyle Lovett
5) Rocket 88 - credited to Jackie Brenston & His Delta Cats, although I believe this is the version recorded by Ike Turner & Kings of Rhythm
6) P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
7) I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
8) Joy - Lucinda Williams
9) It's A Shame - Hayes Carll
10) Let's Kill Saturday Night - Robbie Fulks
11) Come On - Freddie King
12) Same Road - Mary Gauthier
13) There's a Moose on the Loose - Roddy Jackson
14) Morning Is My Destination - Tift Merritt
15) Let's Wait Awhile - Janet Jackson
16) That's What I Want To Do - Billy Lee Riley
17) I Can Only Imagine - MercyMe
18) Don't Let Me Fall - Hayes Carll
19) Jeans On - David Dundas
20) Flip Fantasia - Cantaloop
21) Rake - Steve Earle
22) Hallelujah I Love Him So (live) - Ella Fitzgerald
A little eclectic, but not too shabby if I do say so myself.

No comments: