Saturday, August 7, 2010

Well, construction isn't completely over

Just an update on an earlier post in which I declared construction was over at the 16/75 intersection.

But I resolve to be as accurate as I can be, so consider this my mea culpa.

The intersection was open but some work was still underway as of mid-day Saturday. Today, for example, decorative concrete stamping and painting was taking place, limiting traffic turning onto Hwy 75. (Who pays for decorative concrete stamping and painting anyways? I can't imagine DOT spending the extra money for a purely cosmetic change. Could it be the town?)

And while there was no promise it'd be added during this round of work, there is still no left turning light onto Broome Street. I held out hope that common sense would prevail and it would be added.

In other news, ten bags of drainage gravel were not enough for my morning project, so I was able to travel across the new intersection not once, but twice.

No comments: