Sunday, June 26, 2011

UPDATE: Went running on Saturday

Maybe it's all this talk of marathons or maybe it was the lure of butterscotch scones from Heavenly Baked Goods at the Farmer's Market, but my wife was able to drag me out to go running with her on Saturday morning.

After running to Harris Teeter to take advantage of some of their Super Double coupons (double coupons up to $1.98), we took off. We weaved our way around Waxhaw for approximately 4 miles with me consistently lagging behind. So if you saw a couple running with a blogger-looking fellow a few steps behind struggling mightily, that was me.

The ultimate carrot was the butterscotch scones from Heavenly Baked Goods at the Waxhaw Farmer's Market. Unfortunately, when we got there, it became clear that the scones were not.

I've got an email out to find out if they're still participating in the Farmer's Market. Either way, it's going to be a lot harder for my wife to drag me running next time.

UPDATE 6/27: It turns out that Heavenly Baked Goods does not participate in the Farmer's Market anymore. Bummer.

Could internecine squabbling at the Waxhaw Farmer's Market have scotched another victim - my butterscotch scones?

No comments: