Monday, September 19, 2011

AdamFest

On Saturday after our baseball game, we took the kids to the 4th Annual AdamFest up in Ballantyne, a fundraiser for pediatric cancer research put together by the Adam Faulk Tanksley Foundation.

As far as I can tell, this was an under-publicized event (my wife only found out about it through Levine's Children's Hospital which helped sponsor the event), but our kids had a blast. They were more involved than at any other fundraiser festival we'd attended in recent years. For $20 per kid, they had the run of the place, including unlimited attempts at the rock climbing wall, surf simulator, bounce houses, swing carnival ride, train rides, slides, etc. etc. Face and hair painting, cotton candy, and funnel cakes. Corn hole, ladder toss and a high striker (strong man game), the latter of which might have been our kids' favorite.

Don't quote me on this since I'm not certain, but I believe we actually got to see Adam as he was kicking butt on the surf simulator. My son was waiting his turn and didn't do quite as well.

Pediatric cancer is an issue close to our hearts and given the good time we had this year, I highly recommend you keep your eyes peeled for details of this event next year, especially if you have young kids. I can practically guarantee you'll have a good time if you get the unlimited pass.

I wish I would've posted something beforehand had I had a little more notice about the event.

For more details, here's the Adam Faulk Tanksley Foundation Facebook page and a WCNC story as well.


No comments: