Saturday, September 24, 2011

Wounded Warriers fundraiser at Rippington's

Sunday night's Grand Re-opening at Rippington's doubles as a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project.

The event runs Sunday, September 25th from 5-8pm at Rippington's. Per Lori:
15.00 PER PERSON. THIS INCLUDES CHOICES FROM OUR BAR MENU AND 3 DRINKS. THERE WILL BE LOTS OF GREAT DOOR PRIZES. WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS WE ADD SOME EXCITING THINGS TO THIS EVENT.
See the Facebook page for all the details. First come, first served.

I'd really like to attend the event. Not only is it an excellent cause, but it's also affordable for regular joes. A lot of times, charity fundraisers can seem a little daunting because of entry cost or perceived cost. I'm not sure if I'm speaking for others or just myself.

Of course, Sunday evening, especially on Cub Scout camping weekends, tend to be busy with getting caught up with homework and winding down before a long week of early rising. We'll see if we can swing it, but if you've got that portion of your schedule open, I cannot think of a better place to be. I imagine Rippington's will be filled to capacity.

No comments: