Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More on local campaigns

In campaign news:

* Signs for the mayoral race are now out and about. I've seen signs promoting Mayor Gardner scattered strategically throughout town. I even saw a 'Gary Underwood for Mayor' sign or two out there, so I guess he's still running. I haven't seen any signs for Lisa Thornton yet, so I guess that means she's the greenest candidate out there in the mayoral race.

* Election and re-election Facebook pages are now coming out of the woodwork.

Lisa Thornton / Daune Gardner / Martin Lane

Follow the links to check them out. If I become of other candidates' pages, I will update.

* Any word from candidates Mike Stewart and/or Sean Poccia? With the exception of a sign for Mike, I haven't seen anything from these two, who are running for town commissioner. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Daune Gardner endorsed one of them a while back on her Facebook page, but I can't remember which one and don't have the superhuman fortitude that would be required to slowly work my way back page by page through all her posts to find out which one. The downsides of having a social network-savvy mayor, I suppose.

No comments: