Thursday, September 8, 2011

Don't forget -- WAA fundraiser on Saturday!

Just a reminder that the big WAA fundraiser is on for this Saturday at the fields behind Kensington Elementary at H.C. Nesbit Park. I posted about it earlier here, but figured I'd mention it again in case anyone forgot.

Commissioner Martin Lane has compiled a team to take on the Waxhaw police in the Whiffle Ball tournament. Hmm, I wonder who I'm gonna root for? A politician or the police? Not a tough decision as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of who you might root for, rooting for, I'm sure this game will be a heated affair.

Besides the tournament, there's BBQ, raffles, tee shirts, various sporting contests, bonfires with an undisclosed family movie, campsites, and an all-around good time I suspect.

And if you camp, there will be plenty of time for you to break camp, make church, and even attend the town's 9/11 ceremony in the early afternoon.

If anyone has any questions, contact Lisa via email for more details -- lisalbarfield AT yahoo.com.

No comments: