Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Waxhaw Gazette means more info on the Main Street Grill

John's got a new Gazette up for those interested.

Of note is a bit more info of the new iteration of the Main Street Grill. Since there doesn't appear to be a direct link, I will quote John:
The Main Street Grill is now open again! Run by Josh & Kati Gaskey and Josh's Parents Don & Shea Gaskey, the restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch 7 AM to 3PM Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8AM through 3PM. Closed on Sunday. I understand the menu has been expanded to include a number of new items. I plan on stopping by in the next week or so and will let you know more in the next issue, so be sure to check back later this month for updates!
So stay tuned to future issues to get a more in-depth review.

As for me, I'm terribly disappointed that they will remain closed for dinner. For us Waxhaw denizens (is there a better way to describe Waxhaw-vilians?) who commute into Charlotte, this means that Saturday lunch is about the only time we could possibly eat there during a regular week. And unfortunately for the Main Street Grill (or me since I like those burgers), I rarely eat lunch out on Saturdays in Waxhaw.

Does anyone have an idea what percentage of Waxhaw's population are in the same boat as me? Head out of town each day to work to return home at dinnertime? I would have to guess the majority. Since both the earlier incarnation of the Main Street Grill and this one are both sticking with breakfast hours, breakfast customers must make dinner customers worth sacrificing.

ps. For John's year in review, go here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in the same boat (live in Waxhaw but work elsewhere).

Before my wife became pregnant with our second child this past year, it had become something of a ritual for our family to get take-out lunch on Saturdays from Main Street Grill. When they opened for dinner for a brief period, we were initially excited about it, but only being open until 7pm was too tight a schedule for us as we tend to eat closer to 8pm. While it would be nice to have a quality take-out dinner close by other than Fox's, I understand if the business is not there to sustain MSG's being open for dinner.

Nice blog, by the way.

klf said...

Thanks for the kind words on the blog!

As I mentioned in my post, apparently breakfast business is better, although you'd think there'd be far more people working out of town than those working in town. Apparently the former eat less at the MSG than the latter.

For what it's worth, my family would never last until 8pm for dinner. We'd have an insurrection on our hands.