Thursday, August 18, 2011

Land of the Waxhaws tv show

Waxhaw gadabout Jim Black has been producing a internet show called 'Land of the Waxhaws' for the last 3-4 weeks that is available for viewing.

As far as I'm concerned, he's been churning them out at a furious pace -- 57 individual videos with nearly 6 hours of footage thus far. Since I've barely had the time to update this blog, it goes without saying that I've barely had the time to watch much of his footage.

Scrolling through the archives, I think it's safe to say that if there's an event occurring in Waxhaw, it's likely that Jim and his video camera will be there. I have watched a few videos and they've been relatively informative about the events he's covering, so check his archives out if you're curious.

While probably not allowed, it'd be great if Jim and his camera would start recording board meetings to provide a record of what takes place at them for those of us who don't attend.

Here's a couple recent ones:









Video streaming by Ustream










Video streaming by Ustream

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit that I'm clueless to this whole streaming video thing. Is there a way to be notified when new videos are available?

klf said...

Hello Tammy,

I don't see a way to get notified via the Land of the Waxhaws page, but Jim appears to post updates on Mayor Gardner's Facebook page if you do the Facebook thing.

Perhaps Jim can clarify if there's a way to get notified of new videos.