Friday, August 19, 2011

New Food Lion?

While some of you like to relax at the pool with a good book while others sit back with a couple drinks (of moonshine?), I like to kick my legs back and peruse town commissioner agenda packets. And it looks like it's paid off for once because it appears there may be a new Food Lion on the horizon.

As I was looking through the latest (PDF), I see that Food Lion Inc. owns a parcel of land at the Waxhaw-Marvin Road/Kensington Road intersection and they are asking for a voluntary annexation by the town of Waxhaw.

Here's the parcel of land in question, which is located between the Harris Teeter plaza and Kensington Elementary:

Food Lion annexation in Waxhaw

I'm not sure what benefits are gained by being annexed into Waxhaw. Anyone know?

No comments: