Sunday, March 13, 2011

Car working again

I hadn't blogged about this yet, but since it may be my greatest automotive success, I cannot help myself.

My Saturn L300 was having an intermittent starting problem that was vexing me for a couple weeks starting on Valentine's Day no less. This led to a Wendy's takeout Valentine's meal which my marriage has apparently survived.

After doing a little research online (and specifically at saturnsfans.com), one likely explanation was a faulty crankshaft position sensor (CPS). I ordered one online (since it was less than half the price than what was available locally at Autozone or Advance) and waited, hoping for the best.

Unfortunately, the original CPS's last hoorah was to get me to work on a Friday morning, a couple days after I received the part but before I had the time to replace it. So I drove back over the weekend with the spare part and replaced in in the parking lot. Needless to say, it's been working like a charm ever since.

Knock on wood.

Had you asked me an automotive question the following

No comments: