Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lost weekend

Not much going on this humble blog last weekend. The kids and I took a camping trip to Reed's Gold Mine. It was fun, but a tad bit cold in the mornings. Who knew that an old poorly insulated sleeping bag would not keep me warm enough to sleep as temperatures neared freezing? I've never been so thankful for the sun to rise.

If you're looking for a fun day trip, I recommend it especially if you've never been. A neat place and we walked out with three small pieces (read flakes) of gold after thorough panning. Don't bother breaking into my place to steal them though.

While gold prices are high, our finds were so small that I'm confident you'll never find them.

And with playing catch-up on Monday and the Tuesday storm taking out power at my place of business, things have been nearly as hectic this week as well.

To make up for my absence, I'll share a Maxwell's Tavern rumor with you: the word on the street (at least according to an unnamed waitress) is that they will soon be phasing out the Wisconsin cheddar soup as it gets warmer. Since it's only available on certain days (and rarely do these days coincide with the days I dine there), this is something of a bummer.

No comments: