Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Potential vote on historic district tonight

As busy as I am, I forgot all about this. The Enquirer-Journal has the brief write-up on this.

And I had taken the time to go and read through the 50+ pages of regulations and recommendations the town put together if the plan gets passed by the board.

And even though I am not in the affected area (which can be modified by the board as they see fit as long as it does not expand upon the initial boundaries), I am still against it.

See my earlier post of the draft proposal if you're interested. I'll try to put together a post with my thoughts on the new draft, which contained a lot more new material. But I'm not sure I'll be able to get that up tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I just heard back from town manager extraordinaire Mike McLaurin and he thinks the board is prepared to vote. So if you're looking to get in a last minute word, here's who you should contact:
mayor@waxhaw.com
mlane@waxhaw.com
jblythe@waxhaw.com
bdiller@waxhaw.com
ekirkpatrick@waxhaw.com
pgregory@waxhaw.com
If anyone attends the meeting, drop me a line as I'm already spoken for this evening.

It'll be interesting to see what they choose to do a significant majority of those in the proposed area are against the proposal. I've seen little hint of people clamoring for this district to be imposed. We'll see.

No comments: