Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Southsiders affected by power outage

I hope you didn't head out to Southsiders today for a Carolina dog since they were closed due to the power outage.

Patte explains in a Facebook post:
I'm sorry to say that we took Duke Power at their word as they reported that power would not be restored until 11:00 PM....when we had no power by 10:30 AM... I had to tell our staff that we would be closed for the day. We'll be open for business tomorrow - Hope everyone weathered this latest storm.
Thank you
Patte-
In other news, Stormtrooper Chris of Fiesta Band fame got some footage of the lightning that was on display last night. For those interested, link is here, although I'm not sure if you have to be on Facebook to view this or not. I must say that it's not too shabby for a non-HD camera.

No comments: